- Experience in Editorial, Ready to Wear & Commercial Fashion.
- Skills include Pattern Cutting, Sample Machining, Hand Sewing, Embellishment & Creative Direction.
- Excellent hand drawing abilities, extensive knowledge in Print Design & Development.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suit (especially Photoshop, Illustrator & Indesign), Excel & Zedonk.
The Royal Opera House Costume Technician : Feb 2022 -
- - Freelance based role, working extensively for both Ballet & Opera companies on both chorus, soloists, and principals.
- Labour Intensive alterations, including fittings and challenging repair work – often with a careful eye for detail work, including bead work, crystal embellishment,
embroidery and more.
- Heavy focus on long term conservation – not only for future productions but potential historical significance.
- Production highlights to date include Swan Lake, Don Pasquale, Madama Butterfly, Peter Grimes, Lohengrin, A Weekend in The Country, La Traviata, Like Water for
Chocolate and the upcoming Mayerling, La Boheme, Diamonds and Flight Patterns.
- Chosen specially to work exclusively on an upcoming production in collaboration with Balenciaga due to my fashion background.
Eponine London Ready To Wear Designer : July 2021 -
- Creative based role, working extensively with the company director to establish a successful ready to wear collection to support the company’s couture business.
- Adding and improving internal processes and protocols, covering everything from range planning, fabric sourcing, fabric archiving, pattern cutting, grading, sampling, and production.
- Extensive exploration with print, fabrication possibilities and trim/notion embellishments in addition of exploration of classical successful silhouettes, all with an eye on pushing it to be more fashion focused.
- Day to day operations include mood board creation, hand sketching, fashion illustrations, digital design development, pattern cutting & sample machining. Working closely with product developers and studio managers to create and adhere to a critical path. Attending photoshoots as/when required and bringing in new factories and fabric suppliers as needed.
- An increase of 70% in sales between my first and second seasonal collections, wherein my role was expanded to include additional product development, including for daughter label : “Nink by Eponine”.
- Responsible for creation of "Chirp Dress", considered the most successful RTW dress in the company's history, spawning an additional colour way and and 2 additional production runs.
Collaboration Horizontale (Scrumpies of Mayfair) Lead Designer : Feb 2016 - May 2020
- Instrumental in the launch of successful start-up luxury lingerie brand, Scrumpies of Mayfair, being brought on to play an active role from it's initial conception.
- Highly integral in overseeing the initial core product as desired by CEO/Founders and successfully transforming it into a tangible, sellable product through research, design & product development, sampling & mass manufacture.
- Role included market research, concept mood boards, fabric & trim sourcing, design development (both hand sketches & flat cads), tech-pack & spec creation, creating BOM & line sheets, overseeing product developers, attending fittings, signing off on trims & fabrics, attending photoshoots and providing feedback on creative direction, marketing & packaging.
- Print design & development; encouraged use of alternative design techniques, including embellishment, laser cutting & hardware not typically seen in other lingerie brands.
- Successfully established relationships with overseas manufactures and suppliers, attending both local & international tradeshows, including regular factories abroad (Latvia & France) to promote inter-company relationships and oversee quality control of finished product.
- Oversaw the design & creation of jewellery style hardware known as "charms" as used on product and in marketing to promote brand awareness and synergy due to their highly appraised design sensibilities and collectability.
- Plans to expand into swimwear & launch a diffusion line were initially put on hold in early 2020 and then cancelled due to the Covid19 pandemic, which regrettably lead to ceasing of operations in early May 2020.
UCLA Clothing International (Ideal Europe) Womenswear Designer : Aug 2014 - Apr 2015
- Creative role focusing on womenswear, designing & developing clothing & multi product ranges for USA inspired lifestyle brand.
- Launched the development of a luxe loungewear range, encouraging use of high-end finishing's, fabrics and applique (including lurex jersey fabrics, 3D embroidery & raised rubber UV screen prints).
- Worked closely with design managers & graphic designers to ensure all products fit specific brand guidelines & restrictions, as instructed to us by the UCLA University in California based on collegiate history & legacy (i.e. No Red/Yellow colour stories on any products or clothing).
- Attending and presenting regular updates on all design developmental work to brand directors, sales & marketing teams.
House Of Holland Womenswear/Multi Product Designer & Studio Coordinator : Jun 2013 - Aug 2014 Junior Designer : Mar 2010 - Jun 2013 Design Intern : Dec 2009 - Mar 2010
- Highly creative role, primarily focusing on RTW Womenswear, responsibilities also included maintenance & running of design studio. This involved hiring/managing interns, overseeing fabric & stock levels and scheduling refurbishments of sewing machines and irons.
- Started as a design intern before being asked to stay on and was given full-time role as a junior designer for the next few years.
- Initially spearheaded jersey wear line before later refocusing on RTW Womenswear. Solely responsible for a 15% spike of sales increase due to the success of the "Nip Pinch Tee", later resulted in an additional production run of 3 different colourways.
- Role covered standard SS & AW lines, before later including Resort & Pre-Fall lines in addition to capsule collections and collaborations with brands like Coca Cola, Galaxy, Children In Need, Superga, Selfridges, Stand Up To Cancer, Cirque De Solei & more.
- Design responsibilities covered research, design sketching, flat cad drawings, pattern cutting, toiling, occasional sample machining, print design, embellishment design and occasional projects focusing on jewellery and handbags.
- Frequently tasked with creating one-off press pieces for private clients including Jessie J, Cara Delavigne, Lily Allen, Alexa Chung & Katy Perry.
- Regularly attended fitting sessions with head designer & founder, reviewing existing and new shapes/styles and documenting changes & notes for future use. Creating tech-packs and spec sheets and liaising with factories, answering queries and problem solving as required.
- Successfully established and cultivated relationships with suppliers and manufacturers both abroad and in the UK, some of which still last today across my future roles.
Just Catalyst Designer : Jun 2020 - Jan 2021
- Project based workflow - creating flat drawing designs for clients covering athleisure, party wear & womenswear.
- Worked independently based on briefs given, and updating provided on feedback either from my contact or directly from the client.
- Creating/amending tech-packs based on final designs ready for factory hand-overs.
Bracken LDN Design Assistance : Oct- Dec 2014, Jun-Aug 2015, Jan - Feb 2016,
- Created a back-log of flat cad drawings covering each collection.
- Creating tech-packs ahead of factory hand-over.
- Amending digital files of print artwork.
Roksanda Temp Product Developer : Dec 2015
- Short term temporary assistance before seasonal Christmas closure, updating internal systems with production information ahead of production launch.
Mira Mikati Designer : May - Aug 2015, Oct - Nov 2015
- Brought in to create & design all flat drawings for newest collection in CAD software.
- Once completed i was asked to remain and finish off the season, including new design work, digital design work, light pattern cutting and print & textile design.
- Asked to return for a second season later in the year covering same role responsibilities.
Rag and Beau Designer : Jul-Aug 2015
- Tasked to design and pattern cut a gown style dress to be used for a promotional video for the factory.
- Creating flat cad drawings for various clients.
- Creating and amending tech-packs.
Lewis Leathers Pattern Cutter : June - Aug 2014
- Copying/amending stock patterns for new inventory ahead of factory move.
Fiona Sheward Sample Machinist : Apr-May 2014
- Creating toiles & light sample machining.
Joseph Nigoghossian Design Assistant : Jul - Sept 2012, April-May 2013, Sep-Nov 2013,
- Creating toiles & light sample machining.
Mina Womenswear & Bridal (later known as Indie Bride) : Oct - Dec 2010
Lipop London : Aug - Sept 2010
Martina Spetlova : Jul - Aug 2010
Alexander McQueen : June - Jul 2009
2.1 HND FASHION & TEXTILE DESIGN - BOURNEMOUTH UNIVERSITY (Salisbury Campus) : 2007-2010
Selected as a representative for the university course in the womenswear design category at the Graduate Fashion Week Gala Show 2010.